Although this smart, but minimalist Italian restaurant, is named after the region around Rome, its menu draws on all the Italian regions.
Flavours are bold and exciting with starters such as 'Salad of Buffalo Mozzarella, grilled Courgettes and oven-dried Tomatoes'; Salad of Raw Tuna and Artichokes, with Candied Lemon and Basil' and 'Foie Gras Terrine and Morello Cherry Bread'
Maybe to be followed by 'Pan-fried Fillet of Salmon with Fennel Broth and Spinach'; 'Veal Saltimbocca with Savoy Cabbage and White Wine Sauce' or 'Poached Beef Fillet with Spinach, Pickled Baby Carrots, Toasted Hazelnuts and Tomato Broth'.
A short list of excellent desserts might include 'Chocolate and Almond Tart with Amaretto Sauce' or 'Lime Parfait in a Pineapple Case'. While cheese lovers will be impressed by their selection of regional cheeses.
There's a special menu, just concentrating on ravioli - fillings might include 'Taleggio, Swiss Chard and Walnuts, with Marjoram' and 'Oxtail with Celery Sauce'.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.45; set L £17.50 (2 courses) to £21 (3 courses); mains £14 to £22
- Dinner: all week 18.30-22.30 (Sat 23.00; Sun 17.30-22.30); set D £30 (2 courses) to £36 (3 courses); mains about £14 to £22; Pre-Theatre 17.30-18.30 £17.50 (2 courses), £21 (3 courses)
- Seats: 50
- Wine: an all Italian list kicks off at around the £16 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Goodge Street Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned