If you enjoy top-quality Spanish and Italian-style tapas in enjoyable surroundings, then this might be the place for you.
You can enjoy a slice of Jamon Iberico de Bellota over a glass of Sherry at the bar, or perhaps some Chorizo or Salami with a cold beer.
For more serious indulgence their selection of tapas is ambitious. Ingredients have been carefully-sourced, most of the meat items from small farms in Wales, and fish items equally-carefully.
Tapas dishes such as 'Confit of Gloucester Old Spot Pork Belly with Rosemary-scented Cannelini Beans'; 'Braised Lamb Shank with Jerusalem Artichoke Purée, Roast Salsify and Pear Mostada'; 'Char-grilled Chicken with Mash and Green Olive Tapenade'; 'Cornish Crab and Chili Croquetas'; 'Roasted Sea Bream with Turnip Tops and Blood Orange Sauce'; 'Courgette Flowers stuffed with Monte Enebro Cheese and drizzled with Honey' and 'Patatas Fritas with Romesco and Alioli' set the style.
As much care goes into the desserts - which might include 'Lemon, Sultanas and Saffron Cheesecake with Sweet Lemon Confit' and 'Chocolate and Blood Orange Cake with Orange Flower Water Ice Cream'.
Try to secure a ground floor, rather than a basement table.
- Food Style: Italian / Spanish
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, 12.00-15.00; tapas & charcuterie about £5 to £18
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 18.00-23.00; tapas & charuterie about £5 to £18
- Seats: 60, plus 12 outside
- Wine: an interesting list, kicking off at around the £20 mark, concentrates on Spain and Italy; plus a good selection of Sherry and 'pudding' wines.
- Children's portions: Children allowed, but no special helpings
- Wheelchair access: Yes, ground floor only
- Nearest station: Goodge Street Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating