This smart restaurant in the Dorchester has had a new breath of life injected by the arrival of chef Guillaume Katola.
The menu is now fully in this century, in fact ultra modern in the sense that some dishes come with little accompaniments.
Although the menu strictly follows the seasons starters such as 'Roasted Langoustine with Breast of Quail and Horseradish Mayonnaise'; 'Artichoke Salad, with Pink Fir Apple Potatoes and Truffled Egg Yolk'; 'Braised Snails with Lettuce Emulsion and Smoked Bacon' and 'Pan-Fried Smoked Foie Gras with Baked Bread Soup and Duck Confit' set the style.
Maybe to be followed by 'Line-Caught Sea Bass with Shrimp, Chorizo and Saffron Pickled Vegetables'; 'Stuffed Loin of Lamb, with Celeriac Boulangere, Artichokes and Walnuts'; 'Squab Pigeon with Pickled Cabbage and Sweet Garlic Butter Sauce' or 'Roasted Veal Sweetbreads with Lobster Tail and Broccoli Purée.
Desserts look truly impressive, almost looking too good to eat. 'Roasted Figs with Smoked Honey Ice Cream and Almond Cake' and 'Prune and Armagnac Parfait with crisp Flap Jack and Cream Porridge perhaps among the offerings.
While cheeses lovers won't be disappointed by their selection on offer.
The dining room is also open for breakfast (Mon-Fri 7.00-22.30; Sat, Sun & Bank Holidays 8.00-11.00) - with the likes of 'Waffles with Maple Syrup' and 'Eggs Benedict with Crisp Bacon' on offer.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.15 (Sun 15.45); set L £29 (2 courses), £39 (3 courses); mains about £26 to £42; L Sun £55 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week, 17.30-22.15 (Sun 21.45); mains about £26 to £42
- Seats: 75
- Wine: a truly impressive list, than covers the world. Prices are high, starting in the £30’s and climbing steeply
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hyde Park Corner Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Undergound car park in Hyde Park
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available