« back to restaurants search results
Jaipur Milton Keynes599 Grafton Gate East, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK9 1AT
Advertising itself as possibly the world's largest purpose-built Indian restaurant, the Jaipur in fact also houses a Thai restaurant 'The Orchid Lounge at Jaipur' (q.v.) and is a truly impressive structure.
Once inside, the dining area has been cleverly broken up into three areas, giving a more intimate feel, than might be expected.
On the food front, our experiences and feedback are that the food is good, but not as impressive as its surroundings; so the best we've found in the area but not worth a special trip.
You can expect modern twists on Indian favourites so starters such as 'Dahi Papdi Chat' (crisp chickpeas and potatoes tossed with a tamarind and yoghurt sauce) and ''King Prawn Puri' might tempt you.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Dum ki Nalli' (spiced lamb shank); 'Tandoori Swordfish' or 'Vegetable Kebabs'
Dishes such as 'Kurzi Lamb' can be produced but need 24 hours notice.
Smart dress only so no tracksuits, trainers, jeans etc.
The Sunday lunch buffet is thoroughly recommended, particularly if you have a curry-loving young family. 10% off for take aways.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-23.00 (but snacks only during the afternoon); Sun L Buffet £14 (children under 12, half price); Mains from about £9
- Dinner: all week 12.00-23.00; Mains from about £9
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by good Indian lager-style beers.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Milton Keynes Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned