An excellent smart Indian restaurant set over two floors.
The ground floor 'Colonial Room' has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the canal, plus a terrace for summer eating. Downstairs harbours the more intimate 'Maharaja Suite', decorated with Indian artifacts - has alcoved seating.
The menu mixes the traditional with the contemporary (with a splash of Kenya thrown in) - so you'll find Keema Kebabs and various Thalis to Marinated Quails and 'Samundar Ka Khazana' (an assortment of fish kebabs). Vegetarians, and those that can be tempted away from meat and fish, have a large choice of interesting dishes.
Lunchtime offers particular bargains, as you can mix and match 6 tapas-style dishes to make up the bargain set lunch.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00; Thali's from £98.95; set L £12.95 (6 tapas dishes); mains about £12 to £19 (inclding rice)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-23.30, Sat 18.00-23.30, Sun 18.00-22.30; mains about £12 to £19 (including rice)
- Seats: 130
- Wine: a well-thought-out list kicks off at around the £17 mark; and is backed up with a selection of good lager-type beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but phone to enquire
- Nearest station: Snow Hill
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating