A business idea, formed in New Zealand, has grown into the UK's best burger chain.
Burgers consist of over-sized sourdough buns and good-quality fresh ingredients. The beef version comprising of Scottish Aberdeen Angus beef. Other varieties, in their extensive list range from Chicken Satay through Greek Lamb to Aubergine and Goats' Cheese. The basic beef and chicken varieties are offered in 'junior' sizes.
If we have one definite criticism, it's that ordering and paying at the counter (the current method) can spoil the occasion, for anything other than a snack. It means a second drink or a forgotten item means another wait in what can be a long and slow-moving queue. The system must reduce the sales of their desserts, and effect their sales considerably - we hope table service makes an appearance soon!
- Food Style: Burgers - Top Quality
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, 11.00-23.00, Sun 11.00-22.00; Mon-Fri L 4oz Burger & Side £5.35 till 17.00; Burgers from £5.35 to £12.45 (chips extra)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, 11.00-23.00, Sun 11.00-22.00; Burgers from £5.35 to £12.45 (chips extra)
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by good lager-type beer
- Children's portions: Yes
- Nearest station: Burnage Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays