This converted farmhouse, now houses a smart destination restaurant, with crisp white napery and friendly uniformed staff.
Dishes are rather trendily titled by the word of their main ingredient, and the offerings are often bold, including many items unlikely to be attempted at home.
So, forgeting their title names, starters might include 'Warm Duck Gizzard and Duck Fillet Salad with Pancetta with a Poached Egg and Dijon Dressing'; 'Twice-cooked Goats' Cheese Soufflé with Apple and Walnut Salad' and 'Smoked Salmon Mousse, Tartare and Roulade'.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Roast Breast and Confit of Gressingham Duck with Caramelised Peach and Peach Liquor Sauce'; 'Pan-fried Rye Bay Turbot with Fleurie Sauce, Lardons, Caramelised Onions and Savoy Cabbage' or 'Pan-fried Fillet of Wickham Manor Farm rolled in Mint with Aubergine Confit and Roasting Juices'.
Finish with 'Prune & Cognac, Vanilla and Dark Chocolate Ice Creams with an Almond Tuile'; 'Blackberry Crème Brulée with Drambuie Ice Cream' or 'Iced Cherry Parfait with Vanilla & Basil Syrup'.
- Lunch: Tue-Fri & Sun L 12.00-14.00; set L £15.95 (2 courses) to £18.95
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.30; set D £32; mains £12.50 to £18.95
- Seats: 44
- Wine: a list that covers the world and has some interesting bottles, kicks off at £13.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hastings
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L Sat, D Sun, all Mon; some Bank Holidays