Like the other public rooms at this comfortable hotel, the dining-room is very much in keeping with the period of the house and features some fine oak dado panelling topped with dresser-like affairs displaying a collection of decorative plates.
The kitchen team has years of sourcing experience, sourcing as much locally as possible. His dishes are rich, and while modernised, are based on the French classical style.
The dining room has been set-up in such as way that you can watch your food being prepared.
Starters such as 'Hand-dived Scallop with Truffle Pannacotta, Maple Syrup and Walnut Pesto'; 'Onion Tart Tatin, Parmesan Beignet and Rocket Salad' and Ballottine of Chicken and Parma Ham with Sweet Corn and a Madeira Reduction' were listed on a spring menu.
To be followed by the likes of 'Grilled Halibut with an Almond Crust, Celery and Apple Pearl Barley'; 'Slow-cooked Duck Breast with Leg Confit, Roast Apricots and Duck Essence' and 'Saddle of Venison, Cep Polenta, Root Vegetable Cassoulet with White and Dark Chocolate Sauces'.
Desserts look almost too good to eat, but you might be tempted by 'Chocolate Délice, Milk Mousse and Spearmint Ice Cream' or 'Treacle Tart with Gingerbread Ice Cream'. The more savoury toothed won't be disappointed by their selection of English and French cheeses.
Service is both professional and friendly. Smart dress only definitely no jeans or trainers.
A more traditional 'Camillia' restaurant also operates for both lunch & dinner (set L from about £18, set D from £40).
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Weds-Sun 12.00-14.00; set L £25 (3 courses) to £55; Sun L £26.50 (3 courses); mains £19.00 to £26.50
- Dinner: Weds-Sun 19.00-22.00; set D £60 (6 courses) to £70; mains £19 to £30
- Seats: 26
- Wine: an excellent list has around 200 bins and a good selection by the glass, prices kick off in the mid £20's, but are firm from then on.
- Children's portions: No children of under 12 years of age
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Horsham Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, adequate
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available