Find this good seafood restaurant in the picturesque village of Dundrum at the foot of the Mourne mountains.
Their menus are built around the daily catches of Kilkeel and Annalong, so vary by the day, but starters such as 'Smoked Haddock Soup with Crab & Lemon'; 'Deep-Fried Tiger Prawns with Spiced Aubergine' and 'Garlic-Roasted Crab Claws with Chili & Ginger' set the style.
The restaurant owns its own Mussel & Oyster beds - so offer a separate oyster & mussel menu displayed on the tables.
Mains might include 'Roast Breast of Chicken on Champ with Herb Cream'; 'Beer-Battered Haddock with Chips & Mushy Peas'; 'Hake Fillet with Confit Carrots, Mushrooms & Pearl Onions'; 'Roast Skate Wing with Caper Butter Sauce'; Grilled Lobster with Gremolata Butter' and 'Whole Sea Bass en Papiette'.
Desserts are simple with perhaps 'Apple Strudel' and 'Chocolate Fudge Cake' on offer.
They have been nominated for National awards for the quality of their Sunday lunches so expect this service to be very popular.
They have another branch in Belfast (q.v.).
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week summer (closed Weds); winter Fri-Sun 12.30-21.00; set L £8.95 (2 courses), mains about £11 to £17
- Dinner: all week summer; winter Mon, Tues, Thurs from 17.00-21.00; Fri-Sun 12.30-21.00; set D £21.95 (3 courses), mains about £11 to £17
- Seats: 75
- Wine: a concise list, has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Wednesday