A branch of this seafood restaurant (see Dundrum) - with its own mussel & oyster beds at Ballyedmond in Carlingford Lough. It's handy if you're using the Castle Court Shopping Centre. Arrive early or latish at lunchtime - as they take no bookings for this sitting!
Their menus are built around the daily catches of Kilkeel and Annalong, so vary by the day, but starters such as 'Smoked Haddock Soup with Crab & Lemon'; 'Salt & Pepper Squid with Napa Slaw & Chili Jam'; 'Deep-Fried Tiger Prawns with Spiced Aubergine' and 'Garlic-Roasted Crab Claws with Chili & Ginger' set the style. Plus there's a separate oyster & mussel menu displayed on the tables.
Mains might include 'Roast Breast of Chicken on Champ with Herb Cream'; 'Beer-Battered Haddock with Chips & Mushy Peas'; 'Hake Fillet with Confit Carrots, Mushrooms & Pearl Onions'; 'Roast Fillet of Monkfish with Pesto Mash, Pepperonata, Spinach & Lemon Oil'; 'Grilled Lobster with Gremolata Butter' and 'Whole Sea Bass en Papiette'.
Desserts are simple - with perhaps 'Apple Strudel' and 'Chocolate Fudge Cake' on offer.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-21.30, Fri & Sat 12.00-16.00; Sun 13.00-18.00; mains about £9 to £20 set L from £16.50 (2 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-21.30, Fri & Sat 17.00-22.30; mains about £9 to £20; Mon-Thurs pre-heatre menu (17.00-18.30) £12.50 (2 courses); set D from £20.50 (2 courses)
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a concise list, has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 24th to 26th Dec, 1st Jan
- Air conditioned