An excellent vegetarian restaurant, and among the first in Britain to offer top-quality, interesting, vegetarian dishes.
Starters, such as 'Chestnut Mushroom Knisha' - buckwheat, tofu & chestnut in filo pastry on baby leaves, with roasted garlic sauce & beetroot yoghurt; 'Tortino di Riso' - lemon-thyme risotto with Jerusalem artichoke & pecan paté with a beetroot, Port & orange sauce set the style.
Lunch brings the addition of Organic Breakfast' - wild mushrooms, oven-dried tomatoes, scrambled tofu, spinach, asparagus & home-made vegan sausages with toasted ciabatta bread.
Mains include various Salads, such as 'Hijiki Seaweed' - with cucumber, radish, carrot ribbons, red pepper sesame sushi, bean sprout and Japanese pickles, dressed with tamari, mirin & rice vinegar'; plus the likes of 'Green Korma' - (chick peas, broccoli, mange tout and cherry tomatoes in a mint, coriander & almond curry sauce with jasmine & rose petal rice, lychees, tamarind salsa & baby papadums); 'Organic Bangers and Mash' - (with Red Onion & Thyme Jus & Onion Rings) and 'Pasta of the Day'.
Desserts are of a high quality with perhaps 'Organic Warm Chocolate Fondant, with Roast Hazelnut Ice Cream and Whisky & Butterscotch Sauce' and 'Indian Infused Pannacotta' among the listings.
- Food Style: Vegetarian
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-15.00, Sun 12.00-19.30; mains about £7 to £9
- Dinner: Tues-Fri 18.30-22.00; Sat 18.00-22.00, Sun last orders 19.30; all week, 18.30-23.00; mains about £14 to £23
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £18 mark, and is backed up by various top-quality juices
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Chalk Farm Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: al Mon; some Bank Holidays