A top-class vegetarian restaurant, offering a short regularly-changing menu of modern dishes.
These closely follow the seasons, but a late Spring brought 'Aromatic Globe Artichoke & Wild Garlic Broth' and 'Warmed Salad of New Seasons Asparagus, Crispy Truffle Potato with Dandelion, Lemon & Thyme Dressing - and optional Halloumi' among the starters.
With 'Organic Welsh Blue Cheese Croute with Pumpkin Seeds, Slow-Braised Fennel, Sundried Tomato & Dill Dressing' and 'Parmesan & Pinenut Polenta with Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Sweet Garlic & Sweet Pepper Confit, Burnt Sage & Caper Berry Butter' listed among the mains.
Perhaps finish with 'Rosehip, Champagne & Raspberry Trifle'; 'Baked Individual Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake with Mint & Kiwi Fruit Sorbet' or 'Dark Chocolate, Cranberry & Almond Pudding with Orange Butterscotch Sauce & Coconut Ice Cream'.
- Food Style: Vegetarian
- Lunch: Thurs-Sun 8.00-14.00, mains about £7 to £8
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.30-21.45; mains about £11
- Seats: 50
- Wine: a short but interesting list kicks off at around the £15 mark, and includes a good selection of organic varieties
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Stapleton Road Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Mon, D Sun; 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan, 2 weeks Aug.