An excellent restaurant specialising in vegetarian dishes from the Gujarati region of North Western India.
There are a few starters, such as 'Paneer Tiki' (a spicy mashed potato, sweet corn and paneer mixture, fried until golden, served with chutney); 'Patra' (tropical colocasia leaves, pasted with curried batter, rolled, steamed, then stir-fried with mustard & sesame seeds) and 'Chili Paneer' (marinated cheese with a hot spicy chilli sauce).
Mains include various curries (in which chick peas and pulses figure prominently) and Thali complete meals.
An interesting selection of desserts ranges from Fruit Salad through Kulfi's and Ice Creams to Kheer (a delicious hot pudding, made with vermicelli cooked in milk with sultanas, cardamom & pistachios).
- Food Style: Indian Vegetarian
- Lunch: Sun 12.00-14.00 (buffet only)
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 17.00-22.00, Fri 17.00-23.00, Sat 18.00-23.00; mains £5.50 to £11.95
- Wine: a short list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Closed: L Mon-Sat; D Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned