« back to restaurants search results
Sky Apple Café182 Heaton Road, Heaton, Newcastle upon TYne, Tyne and Wear, NE6 5HP
An excellent vegetarian café, with a more adventurous evening menu, when candles are lit on the tables.
Daytime brings snacks ranging from 'Proper Chips', through sandwiches and panini to filled jacket potatoes. There's also a short children's menu.
The evening is more upmarket with a short menu offering the likes of 'Breaded Mushrooms' - (filled with Gorgonzola & toasted pine nuts); 'Steamed Chinese-style Dumplings, with a Soy, Sesame & Balsamic Dip' and 'Soup of the Day' among the starters.
Maybe to be followed by 'Wild Garlic & Nettle Risotto'; 'Spinach Curry' and 'Ramen Noodles in a light Shitake Mushroom & Konbu Broth'.
A few desserts, might be too tempting to resist, with possible 'Tiramisu'; 'Apple Tarte Normande' and 'Pecan, Raspberry & Chocolate Truffle Pie' on offer.
Booking is essential during the evening. No Credit Cards.
- Food Style: Vegetarian Cafes
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 10.00-17.00
- Dinner: Thurs-Sat 18.00-22.00
- Wine: Unlicensed, but you can BYO for a small corkage charge
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Nearest station: Chillingham Road or Byker Metro
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun & Mon, Tues & Weds D, most Bank Holidays