Find this excellent restaurant in the old town of Kingston upon Hull, above an old forge.
The restaurant operates on a buffet-style. Possibly uniquely, in that the first person booking for any particular night sets the Country's menu style for that evening. Popular choices include Cajun, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Middle-Eastern, Mexican, Russian, Spanish and Thai. Although others (including British) occur.
When arriving, having booked, you are first shown to your table and served with your starters - for which there is no choice. You are then invited to help yourself from the buffet. Finally, desserts are served at your table.
The system works extremely well and the cooking standard is high - particularly in this price range.
No credit or debit cards are accepted.
- Food Style: Vegetarian
- Lunch: Closed
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 20.00-24.00; set D £15
- Wine: a short wine list is offered, or you can BYO and pay a small corkage charge
- Wheelchair access: No, restaurant upstairs
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun, Mon, most Bank Holidays