An excellent vegetarian café, set up by the Manjushri Buddhist Centre, and relying almost entirely on organic ingredients.
You can have a snack such as 'Bagels with Jam & Butter'; 'Wedges & Dips' and sandwiches such as 'Mediterranean Tomato & Melted Mozzarella' or 'Scrambled Egg with Crème Fraiche & Dill'.
Lunchtimes brings an expanded menu with 'Ricotta Stuffed Courgette with Potato Rosti'; 'Stir-fried Japanese Noodles' or 'Vegetarian Pie with Potato Wedges & Roast Vegetables' (a different type of pie is baked each day).
They also offer meditation classes.
No alcohol is served, and credit cards are not accepted.
- Food Style: Vegetarian Cafes
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 10.00-16.30; Main meals served between 11.30 & 15.00; mains £4.50
- Dinner: Closed
- Wine: Unlicensed
- Children's portions: Children's menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Ulverston
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun, Mon and most Bank Holidays