Find this good restaurant, with a bird's eye view of the Thames, on Level 7 of this prestigious gallery complex.
You can enjoy watching the activities with Continental breakfast - with a Pain au Chocolat, Organic Muffin or Danish Pastry accompanied by a cup of Illy Coffee or Monbana Chocolate. Or pop in for Afternoon Tea or a savoury afternoon snack.
The kitchen have made real efforts sourcing the best produce, whether this is local or further afield; and the menu changes seasonally.
For lunch and dinner, dishes such as 'Venison Carpaccio with Celeriac Rémoulade'; 'Potato, Parsley & Mushroom Soup'; 'Rabbit & Hazelnut Terrine with Apple Jelly & Capers' and 'Pan-roasted Scallops with Sauternes Butter Sauce' set the style for starters.
Maybe to be followed by 'Garganelli Pasta with Butternut Squash, Wild Garlic, Salted Ricotta & Pine Nuts'; 'Duck Leg Confit with Polenta & Cipollini Onions'; 'Cornish Haddock & Chips' and 'Organic Pork Belly with Braised Savoy Cabbage, Russet Apple & Quince' from the mains.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Lemon Pot with Cinnamon Biscuit'; 'Pineapple Tart Tatin with Yoghurt Ice Cream' or their good selection of British farmhouse cheeses with oat biscuits and apple jelly.
There's a good cafe on site for less extravagent eating.
- Lunch: Sun-Thurs 10.00-18.00; light lunch mains £7.95 to £12.95; about mains £13 to £19
- Dinner: Fri & Sat 10.00-22.00; about mains £13 to £20
- Wine: a well-thought-out list kicks off at around £16
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Blackfriars/London Bridge/Southwark Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: D Sun-Thurs; some Bank Holidays