Find this restaurant on Level 3 of the Royal Festival Hall complex, and you'll find excellent standards of cooking, plus the bonus of splendid river views.
Finnish born Helen Puolakka heads a kitchen team that services food for the bar, restaurant and grill (where you can enjoy a slightly less ambitious menu in an à la carte manner.
Food items have been carefully sourced and dishes such as 'Pan-fried Foie Gras with Glazed Plums and a Sesame Tuile'; 'Warm Smoked Mackerel with Fennel Salad and Aquitaine Caviar' and 'Pithivier of Quail, Confit Leg and Sauce Diable' might appear amongst the starters.
Maybe to be followed by the likes of 'Roast Organic Salmon with Crab Risotto and Champagne Sauce'; 'Tournedos of Beef, Horseradish Crumble, Boulanger Potatoes and Bordelaise Sauce'; 'Braised Pork Cheeks with Roast Lobster, Caramelised Salsify, Green Mango and Pumpkin Salad' and 'Anjou Pigeon Roasted in Confit Pepper, Risotto of Sharpham Park Spelt and Broccoli Cream'.
If you still have room, desserts are splendid affairs, with maybe 'Ravioli of Spicy Pineapple & Coconut Mousse, Grapefruit Tequila Sorbet and Banana Tuile'; 'Muscavado Sponge Cake, Baileys Cream, Espresso Granité, Grand Marnier Mandarin Sorbet' and 'Tart Tatin with Calvados Ice Cream' on offer.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; Sun 12.00-16.00; set L £25 (2 courses) to £29
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.30; mains £7 to £23; set D from £42
- Seats: 80
- Wine: an interesting list, has some prestigious bottles and kicks off in the mid £20's
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Waterloo Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking or NCP
- Closed: D Sun; some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned