« back to restaurants search results
Alfresco - BrightonThe Milkmaid Pavilion, Kings Road Arches, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2LN
A good family-run restaurant, offering Italian style dishes. The dining room enjoys a 180º view of the coast, and is a particularly pleasant place to eat in fine weather.
You can have one course or a more serious meal.
Starters/Light dishes such as 'Salmon, Caper and Crayfish Cake with Avocado Salsa and Organic Leaf Salad'; 'Sautéed Calamari and Italian Sausage with Borlotti Beans & Olive Oil' and 'Salad of Smoked Duck Breast with Balsamic Vinegar' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Saffron Risotto with Smoked Haddock and Spring Onions'; 'Spaghetti with Black Tiger Prawns, Crayfish Tails, Chili, Garlic & Parsley'; 'Grilled Swordfish with Umbrian slow-cooked Chickpeas and Peppers, Rosemary & Chili Dressing'; 'Roast Rack of Spring Lamb with Steamed Vegetables, New Potatoes and a Red Wine Sauce' or their wide selection of pizzas.
Desserts are of the Italian 'traditional' variety - such as 'Tiramisu'; 'Pannacotta' plus their own Ice Cream.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-24.00; set D £25 (3 courses), £29.95 (4 courses); mains £10.50 to £22.95
- Dinner: all week, 12.00-24.00; set D £25 (3 courses), £29.95 (4 courses); mains £10.50 to £22.95
- Wine: an all Italian list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Hove Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: NCP in Regency Square nearby (5 minutes walk). See the map at the top of the page.
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating