A good seafood restaurant, with a contemporary feel, just yards from the sea; there can't be many more pleasant places to dine, close to the water.
You might see their fish delivery arriving by rowing boat, and youll certainly see your meal being prepared by the chefs in the open plan kitchen.
There are a few options for carnivores and vegetarians (more during the day than in the evening), and rather than indulge in lunch or dinner, you can have breakfast from 9.30, or afternoon tea.
The main events bring the likes of 'Rock Oysters'; 'Pan-Seared Scallops with Curried Parsnip Puree, Pine Nuts & Pomegranate'; 'Warm Salad of Toulouse Sausage, Ratte Potatoes & Shallot Dressing' and 'Caesar Salad' (in various guises) among the starters.
Perhaps 'Fish Pie'; 'Baked Fillet of Halibut, Mash & Buttered Spinach'; 'Pan-fried John Dory Fillet, with Squid Ink Risotto'; 'Bouillabaisse'; 'Fillet Steak with Sautéed Potatoes, Cherry Tomatoes & Béarnaise Sauce' and 'Westbeach Seafood Platter' amongst the mains.
If you have room, finish with 'Pannacotta with Fresh Fruit'; 'Warm Treacle Tart with Lemon Zest Clotted Cream'; 'White Chocolate Torte with Passionfruit' or their selection of farmhouse cheeses, served with quince jelly and sultana & walnut bread.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: 12.00-15.00; mains about £15 to £70; Express L from about £10
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-22.00; mains about £15 to £70
- Seats: 90
- Wine: a list that travels the world and has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Bournemouth Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: NCP nearby; plus some restaurant parking during the evening
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating