This long narrow restaurant has splendid views over the surrounding rooftops and of Trafalgar Square.
You can enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea (including Champagne on a special occasion) or brunch at the weekend as well as more serious lunch or dinner.
The kitchen, under the direction of Katarina Todosijevic, makes the best of British seasonal food, and flavours are bold.
So you might find 'Potted Confit of Duck & Smoked Chicken with Sweet Pickled Red Cabbage'; 'Smoked Black Pudding with Poached Egg on a Spinach & Bacon Salad' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Rare Bavette of Beef, Wild Mushroom & Stilton Butter'; 'Juniper Berry Crusted Fillet of Venison with Dauphinoise Potatoes'; 'Pan-fried Wild Sea Trout with Crushed Peas and Marjoram Velouté' and 'Braised Lamb Shank with Honey-Roasted Root Vegetables' among the mains.
If you still have room you might squeeze in a 'Baked Peach & Apricot' or some 'Caramelised Citrus Clafoutis Tart with Kumquat Syrup'.
Service is both friendly and professional.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Sat-Weds 11.45-17.00, Thurs & Fri 11.45-22.30; set L £20 (2 courses) to £25; mains £15 to £32; Set L Sun £20.75
- Dinner: Thurs & Fri 11.45-22.30; set D £17 (2 courses) to £22; mains £15 to £32
- Seats: 120
- Wine: an interesting list kicks off at £15
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Leicester Square Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking or NCP
- Closed: L Sun, D Sun-Weds; some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating