« back to restaurants search results
Tan Hill InnTan Hill, North Yorkshire, West Stonesdale (Nr.), North Yorkshire, DL11 6ED
Billing itself as Britain's highest inn (1,732 feet), this traditional pub, with flagstone floors, exposed beam and welcoming winter fires is a welcome stopover for walkers of the Yorkshire Dales and Pennine Way. If you have the foresight, you can plan a stopover in one of their comfortable bedrooms.
On the food front, dishes are what used to be called "good honest food". So expect the likes of 'Homemade Steak & Ale Pie with Mash/Chips & Veg'; 'Local 10oz. Gammon with free-range Eggs, Chips & Peas' and 'Haddock, Chips & Peas'.
Puds might include 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; a 'Homemade Fruit Crumble' and locally-made Ice Cream.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-21.00 during summer months; mains £6.95 to £10.50
- Dinner: all week 19.00-21.00; Sat & Sun 12.00-21.00 during summer months; mains £6.95 to £10.50
- Wine: a short list
- Children's portions: Children's menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Outside eating
- Rooms available