This beautifully-set Guest House/B & B operation, also incorporates a good restaurant - in effect offering civilisation miles from anywhere. The dining room is both romantic and sophisticated.
There is one sitting for both Sunday Lunch and Dinner and the food on offer, reflects what's on offer locally. Depending on the season this might include lamb, mutton, beef, chicken or game in the meat department; plus the freshest of fresh fish and seafood. Vegetarians can be catered for, if a little notice is given.
An example menu includes 'Mafatti of Seafood with local Langoustine Butter Sauce' followed by 'Seared Loin of Highland Lamb with Burgundy Sauce, Aubergine Purée & Dauphinoise Potatoes'; 'Scottish Farmhouse Cheeses; and 'Iced Drambuie & Praline Praline with a Cloutie Dumpling'.
No children under 8.
- Food Style: Modern Scottish
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, one sitting, set D from £43, £49.50 (4 courses)
- Seats: 20
- Wine: a list of around 50 bins has been well-thought-out, and kicks off at about £18
- Children's portions: Children of over 8 years of age only
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes, adequate
- Closed: L all week; 21st Dec to end of Jan
- Rooms available