A good and deservedly-popular organic restaurant, specialising in dishes from the Mediterranean. The restaurant has a relaxing feel and overlooks the river, and you can watch your food being prepared in the open plan kitchen.
You can graze on their selection of tapas. or order a mixed plate - veggie or otherwise; or choose from their list of starters and/or mains.
The former might include 'Grilled Sardines with Tomato Salad & Black Olive Dressing' and Halloumi Salad' or 'Bouillabaisse' (also available as a main course).
The latter 'Mediterranean Bubble & Squeak with Herb Sauce & Spring Onion Salad'; 'Hake with Salsa Verde & Clams'; 'Whole Fish of the Day, with Couscous & Salad' and 'Moroccan Spiced Tagine with Couscous & Seasonal Yoghurt' (offered in Vegetable or Lamb versions).
There are a few tempting puds, possible including 'Crème Catalan'' and 'Chocolate Torte'.
The restaurant was nominated as one of the countries best places to have Sunday lunch in 2008 Observer Food Magazine awards - so you might have to book well ahead.
- Food Style: Organic Restaurant
- Lunch: all week 10.00-22.00; Tapas (12.00-16.00) about £5 to £8; mains about £13 to £18
- Dinner: all week 10.00-22.00, Tapas (18.00-22.00) about £5 to £8; mains about £13 to £18
- Wine: a short, but adequate, organic list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Bristol Temple Meads Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun D, all Mon, some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating