A good destination restaurant, offering organic food (cooked in a Modern British style) and wine from top-quality food - much of which has been produced locally.
While the menu follows the seasons, expect to find the likes of 'Pan-Fried Red Mullet with Aubergine Caviar, Provencal Vegetables & Sauce Vierge'; 'Chick Peas & Courgette Fritters with Carrot & Ginger Vinaigrette Salad' and 'Salad of Pigeon Breast with Organic Chorizo Sausage' among the starters.
'Sausages & Mash with Red Wine Onion Gravy'; 'Butternut Squash Risotto, Red Pepper & Walnut Pesto & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes'; 'Sea Bass with Walnut & Herb Crust, with Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Montpellier Butter' and 'Roast Chicken Pie with Bacon, Mushrooms and a Puff Pastry Crust' among the main courses.
If you still have room, you can finish with 'Vanilla Pannacotta with Spiced Poached Pears'; 'Vanilla Rice Pudding with Spiced Apple Compote'; 'Chocolate & Ginger Sponge Pudding with Cornish Fudge Ice Cream' or their selection of organic farmhouse cheeses.
They also offer a selection of tapas dishes, if you'd just like a light meal.
They have an excellent organic food and wine shop on site.
- Food Style: Organic Restaurant
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-15.00, set L £13.95 (2 courses), £16.95 (3 courses); Tapas £2.95 to £4.25; mains £10.95 to £19.95
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 17.30-12.00; Early Bird D £13.95 (2 courses), £16.95 (3 courses); Tapas £2.95 to £4.25; mains £10.95 to £19.95
- Seats: 60, plus 20 outside
- Wine: a concise organic list, kicks off at £12.95
- Children's portions: Children's menu £7.50 (2 courses), £9.50 (3 courses)
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: D Sun, Christmas & New Year
- Outside eating