An excellent vegetarian Indian restaurant (previously known as Halli), like so many others in Britain, claiming to cook dishes in the style of the village of Udupi.
A lengthy menu of around 50 items stretches from Dosa's and Uttappams (lentil pizza's) through delicious curries - such as 'Beetroot Sasami' (sliced beetroot, cooked in yoghurt with green chilis, curry leaves & mustard seeds); tasty rice variations; plus top-class breads.
They have even conjured-up some Indian desserts, so perhaps try 'Kesari Bhath' - a traditional Udupi pudding made with semolina cooked with butter & studded with raisins & cashews).
They now have a branch In Nottingham.
- Food Style: Indian Vegetarian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30; Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains £3.99 to £4.55
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-23.00, Sat 12.00-22.30, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains £3.99 to £4.55
- Seats: 90
- Wine: a short list, is backed up by good lager-type beers
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Leicester
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking. They recommend Dover Street.
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
Reviews / Comments ( 5 out of 5 average rating)
Add your review
Tue 7th February 2012 by Alice
What did you like about the Restaurant?
Kayal has amazing Indian food, but a different taste!
The staff explained it as south Indian dishes and each and every dish tasted was amazing.
As we went in a group of four, we ordered a variety of dishes and tasted atleast 8 dishes. I would recommend their
What did you not like about the Restaurant?
Nothing much except their T-shirts
Report this review