This excellent Italian café/restaurant has been run by the same family since 1995.
During the day they offer light dishes, ranging from ciabatta through a lengthy dish of pasta to traditional desserts, such as Tiramisu, Panna Cotta and various ice creams.
After 5 o'clock (17.00), these are joined by a lengthier menu plus blackboard specials such 'Spigola' - two sea bass fillets with black taglioni pasta with lemon grass & butter jus; ''Casserole di Salsiccie' - fresh Italian sausage casserole with potatoes, peppers, borlotti beans, white wine & polenta.
Free Italian lessons are a bonus. See their website for details.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 10.00-22.00; dishes about £3-£5
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 10.00-22.00; mains £5.95 to £11.95
- Wine: a concise all Italian list, kicks off at £11.20
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun & some Bank Holidays