An excellent café/budget restaurant offering a modern menu, consisting of locally-sourced food - free-range and organic where possible.
For snacks, you can have something light such as 'Organic Toast with home-made Preserves'; 'Fairtrade Banana Pancakes with Honeycomb & Mascarpone' or more ambitious, such as dishes from their selection of Tapas; or 'Eggs Benedict' (perhaps with bacon or smoked haddock).
For something more substantial, try ' Vegetarian or Traditional Haggis, Mash & Leek Cream'; 'Ballencrieff free-range Sausages or Crombies Vegetable Sausages, Mash & Onion Gravy'; 'Organic Summer Isle Smoked Salmon, Rocket & Caesar Dressing' or their daily special Pasta or Risotto (listed on a blackboard).
There are excellent home-made desserts.
Service can be stretched at busy times, so these are best avoided if possible.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 10.00-22.00, Fri-Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-17.00; Tapas, any 3 £9.00; mains £6.95 to £11.50
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 10.00-22.00, Fri-Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-17.00; Tapas, any 3 £9.00; mains £6.95 to £11.50
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays