A good daytime café/restaurant, that become more upmarket during the evening.
They have won awards for their breakfasts - the full version of which includes Sausages, Bacon, Black Pudding, free-range Eggs, home-made Beans, Mushrooms, Potato Scones and Toast. Their Veggie version is equally comprehensive!
Lunch brings Ciabatta plates with salads, filling Sandwiches, plus hot dishes such as 'Courgette, Feta & Dill Cakes with Salsa' and 'Chicken, Pea & Bacon Casserole with Couscous'.
Dinner is more serious, with a more formally-laid-out menu with perhaps 'Asparagus wrapped in Pancetta with Lemon Butter' and 'Duck & Herb Salad with Raspberry Chutney among the starters.
'Grilled Salmon Fillet with Peas, Bacon & Lettuce'; 'Wild Mushrooms & Haricot Bean Moussaka' and 'Pork Fillet with Apple Chutney, Cider Jus & Mash' among the mains.
They sometimes have special wine tasting dinners, focusing on local wine importers.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 10.00-14.30, Sat & Sun Brunch 10.00-15.00; mains £6.50 to £6.95
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-21.30; mains £10.50 to £13.50
- Seats: 32
- Wine: a concise list, is modestly priced and kicks off at £13.00
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays