An unusual pub, in the fact that it only offers vegetarian food. It's certainly a popular venue and the quality of the food offered, although not ground-breaking, has a lot to do with it.
Expect pubby snacks/starters such as Garlic Bread, Deep-fried coated Veg with Satay Sauce and Samosas.
While more substantial listings might include Boursin & Asparagus Quiche; Vegetable Chili; Giant Yorkshire Pudding with Sausages and Mushroom Risotto.
They also offer sandwiches - in bothe traditional and panini form.
Desserts are good and traditional, with possibly Treacle Sponge and Chocolate Fudge Cake on offer.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Kitchen hours: Mon-Sat 11.00-19.00; Sun 10.00-19.00
- Wine: a concise list has modest prices
- Children's portions: No children after 19.00
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking