Part of a chain of good fish restaurants, with a brasserie feel. Many of their menu items coming from the eponymous Loch. These include mussels, smoked salmon, oysters, langoustines, marinated herrings and scallops.
Other dishes offered depend on the seasons, but the menu is fairly extensive and might include crab, fish pie, lemon sole, lobster, plaice and lemon sole - but in our experience, the cooking of the main ingredient has always been well-judged.
Accompanying sauces and more particularly, the standard of their chips might let the side down.
Simple desserts such as good ice cream and, depending on the month, summer pudding round off the meal. While there's a selection of British cheese for the more savoury-toothed.
They often have special lunch offers, which are particularly good value - so look at their web site, as often discount vouchers need to be printed out.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 9.00-22.00, Sat 9.00-22.30, Sun 10.00-22.00; set L £12; mains £9 to £44
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 9.00-22.00, Sat 9.00-22.30, Sun 10.00-22.00; mains £9 to £44
- Wine: a concise list travels the world, kicking off at £13.50
- Nearest station: Leeds
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating