Find this excellent sushi restaurant in the raised level of the station above Platform 1. See the map. It's owners are one of the co-founders of Pisces - who campaign for the use of only sustainable fish, and everything here is gleamingly fresh. Either items, such as free-range chicken, are sourced with equal care.
Most of the items on their menu options drift past you on the conveyor belt, and are colour-coded to denote their price. While there are more serious options on the carte menu.
Starters here change with the seasons, but might include the likes of 'Gyoza Vegetable and Pork Dumplings; ' Chicken Yakitou' or 'Seared Tataki Tuna Sashimi' among the starters.
'Steamed and Grilled Freshwater Eel, basted in Teriyaki Sauce'; 'Chicken Oyako' (free-range chicken poached with eggs, with seasonal vegetables); 'Tempura' (including a Veg. option) and their daily offering of Cornish fish - simply grilled or with Ponzu Sauce among the mains.
Simple desserts such as 'Green Tea Ice Cream'; 'Seasonal Fruit Salad' or 'Chocolate Pot' might round off your meal.
A good-value take away service operates.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 11.30-22.00; sushi sets about £10 to £16; mains about £12 to £17
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 11.30-22.00; sushi sets about £10 to £16; mains about £12 to £17
- Wine: a concise but adequate list kicks off in the mid £20's; these also offer a selection of sake and unusual juices
- Wheelchair access: with difficulty, please enquire
- Nearest station: Liverpool Street Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking with difficulty
- Closed: Sat, Sun & some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned