A good neighbourhood restaurant just off the town square.
Chef/proprietor Peter Robinson specialises in food produced locally, including meat from the families own Gloucester Old Spot pork, and his style is robust dishes having full-on flavour.
So perhaps expect 'Duck & Pork Rillettes'; Cornish Scallops with Chorizo'; 'Steak Tartare' and 'Field Mushrooms with Foie Gras on Toast' among the starters.
Maybe to be followed by 'Monkfish with Salsa Verde'; 'Rack of Lamb Boulangère'; 'Veal Rump with Braised Leeks & Oyster Mushrooms'
Finish with 'Gypst Tart'; 'Pannacotta'; 'Chocolate Tart' or their selection of farmhouse cheeses.
Details, such as the bread, from nearby Daylesford, show the care taken at each stage.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.30; mains £11.00 to £17.00; set D £15 (2 courses) to £17.50; set L Sun £12.50
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-21.30; mains £11.00 to £17.00; set D £15 (2 courses) to £17.50
- Seats: 45, plus 12 outside
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £13
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Moreton in Marsh Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Mon, D Sun, enquire about Christmas
- Outside eating