« back to restaurants search results
Merlot Brasserie2a Ormond Terrace, Regent Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1HR
A relaxing brasserie, with brown leather seating and atmospheric lighting under the same ownership as Burger Burger (q.v.), nearby.
While the menu changes with the seasons, an early Spring menu brought Home-cooked Duck Breast with Orange & Hazelnut Salad; Cerney Ash Goats Cheese & Fig Salad, with Balsamic Vinegar & Basil Oil and Fresh Scottish Mussels with Crusty Bread among the listed starters.
Slow-braised Cotswold Lamb Shank with Winter Vegetables, Creamy Mash & Salsa Verde; Monkfish & Prawn Stew with Mussels, Clams, Fennel, Tomato, Saffron, Ciabatta & Aioli; Local Sirloin Steak with Potato Cake, Green Beans, Thyme Jus, Tomato & Herb Butter and Spinach & home-dried Tomato Risotto, Caramelised Beetroot, Soft-Poached Egg & Parmesan Crisp among the mains.
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream & Toffee Sauce and Orange Brulée with Poached Rhubarb & Strawberry Ice Cream typify the desserts while local cheeses are on offer for the more savoury toothed.
Friendly and professional service from mainly French waiting staff.
Booking advisable. More reports please.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30, Sun 12.00-15.00; set L £12 (2 courses), £16 (3 courses); mains £11.00-£17.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00; special pre theatre menu Mon-Fri 18.00-19.00; mains £11.00-£17.00
- Wine: a concise list travels the world, kicking off at £14
- Children's portions: Children menu from £6 (2 courses)
- Nearest station: Cheltenham
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: D Sun, some Bank Holidays