This converted town house in the heart of the city's theatreland offers accomplishly-cooked bistro style dishes in comfortable surroundings.
The menu changes on a weekly basis, but is based on the best seasonal local products. Traditional dishes nest comfortably with those more modern and from further afield.
So the list of starters might contain 'Salt Beef with Pickles & horseradish'; 'Pea and Mint Soup';'Moroccan spiced Cod Cakes' and 'Spiced Minced Lamb with Houmus & Flatbread'.
Mains 'Roasted Cod with Fatoush Salad'; 'Roast Confit of Duck Leg with Dauphinoise Potatoes & Spinach'; 'Goats' Cheese & Red Onion Tart' and 'Lamb Kebabs'.
Desserts are more traditional with perhaps 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Hot Chocolate Brownie' and 'Bread & Butter Pudding' on offer.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.30-14.30, mains £6 to £10
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.30; set D £15.95 (2 courses), £17.95 (3 courses); mains £11 to £16
- Seats: 50
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Liverpool Central
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun, 25th 28th Dec, then 31st Dec to 2nd Jan