An excellent Italian restaurant, combining some of the best British produce with dishes mainly developed from those of Northern Italy.
While the menu follows the seasons, an early summer menu brought 'Marinated Scottish Fillet of Beef with a Venetian Dressing'; 'Poached & Grilled Quail, wrapped in Smoked Ham, with Roasted Figs' and Langoustine, Potato & Smoked Haddock Ravioli with Langoustine Bisque' among the starters.
'Baked Wild Sea Bass Fillet with Fennel Purée, Sardinian Fregola with Tomato & Salami'; 'Pan-Fried Breast of Guinea Fowl and Leg Confit in its own Jus, with Asparagus wrapped in Pancetta'; 'Oven-roasted Rump of Welsh Lamb, with Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables & Mint Pesto' and 'Organic Shackleford Pork Cutlets in aromatic breadcrumbs with Potato & French Beans in Pesto Dressing & Aubergine Caviar' among the mains/secundi.
If you still have room you might be tempted by 'Tiramisu'; 'Rich Chocolate & Almond Tart with Amaretto Caramelised Apricots'; 'Pannacotta' or their selection of Italian cheeses.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.00; set L £13.50 (2 courses) to £16.50; mains about £17 to £22
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-22.00; mains about £17 to £22
- Seats: 50
- Wine: an all Italian list has modest mark-ups, and includes some prestigious bottles
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Godalming Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun, Mon and some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned