This smart restaurant has ex Nico Ladinis head chef and TV personality Toby Tobin as co-proprietor and at the stoves. He offers various set price menus throughout the week, but the advantage of these to the customer is negated by the various side orders - which are virtually compulsory additions.
Starters such as 'Salt Beef, Gherkin and Horseradish Terrine with Peashoots and Piccalilli'; 'Seared Scallops with King Crab and Pea Blini & Tomato Vinaigrette'; 'Honey-seared Salmon and Asian-spiced Noodle Salad' and 'Rocket, Dandelion, Spinach and Feta Torte, with New Potato Salad & Hazelnut Oil' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by the likes of 'Seared Calf's Liver with Crisp Bacon, Crushed New Potatoes, Beetroot and Lemon Essence'; 'Spiced Monkfish Tail with Marinated Mushrooms, Spinach & Tomato Vinaigrette'; 'Best End of Lamb with Lamb Cannelloni, Portobello Mushroom Purée' and 'Fillet of Charolais Beef, Cauliflower Potato Cake & Cheese Pannacotta'.
A Vegetarian menu is also offered for Dinner between Monday & Thursday and at lunchtime during the week.
If you still have room there are desserts such as 'Pot au Chocolat, Chocolate Samosa & Chantilly Cream'; 'Tonka Bean Pannacotta with Mulled Plums & an Almond Tuille' and 'Pineapple and Coconut Artic Roll with Pineapple Confit' to tempt you.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.00, Sun 12.30-14.30; set L £16.95, £24.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 19.00-22.00, set D from Mon-Fri £24.95 (3 courses); Sat from £39.50; Tasting Menu £55
- Seats: 80
- Wine: a list with firm mark ups kicks off at around the £19 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Reigate Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sat L, Sun D, Christmas, Easter Sun & Bank Holidays