Find this little restaurant and coffee house in one of the city's last remaining thatched cottages, in a narrow cobbled street.
Nearly everything is made on the premises much of the menu changing daily and displayed on a blackboard.
Main dishes follow the seasons, and are made from locally sourced ingredients. A late summer visit brought 'Choux Pastry Puffs with a Crab Mayonnaise Filling' and 'Galette of Apple, Cheese & Bacon' among the lunchtime offerings. While flapjacks and various homemade cakes were on offer all day.
An open fire adds to the atmosphere during cooler months.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 9.30-17.00 (Lunch 12.00-14.00)
- Nearest station: Norwich
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking or multi stories
- Closed: D all week; Sun & most Bank Holidays