A good South Indian restaurant close to the main railway station. As would be expected they specialise in the food of the eponymous region - so vegetarian and seafood dishes are much to the fore; both have been highly praised, especially when their modest prices are considered.
There's plenty of choice for confirmed carnivores in the form of chicken and lamb dishes.
Service is both friendly and helpful.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.30; mains from about £8 (including rice)
- Dinner: all week, 17.30-23.30; mains from about £8 (including rice)
- Wine: a short list is backed up by good beers.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Southend Central
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: some Bank Holidays