Find this seafood restaurant, with excellent views of the estuary, on the seafront close to the railway station.
Although they are well-known locally for their traditional fish & chips, they offer much more, with dishes such as 'King Prawns with Garlic'; 'Moules Mariniere' and 'Pan-Fried King Scallops' listed among the starters.
'Skate with Black Butter & Caper'; 'Lobster Thermidor' and various whole fish and fillets either grilled or poached among the main courses. Dedicated carnivores can choose from various steak options and there are a few vegetarian options.
Desserts are mainly of the ice bream and sorbet variety but have been carefully sourced.
Children are offered their own menu which has a wide choice.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-22.00; mains about £7.50 to £21.00
- Dinner: all week, 12.00-22.00; mains about £7.50 to £21.00
- Wine: a well-thought-out list kicks off at about £15, and has some interesting bottles, plus helpful food matching notes
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible; plus a Children's Menu
- Nearest station: Southend Central
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: 25th & 26th December