Not a café, but a quaint and comfortable restaurant with open winter fires - offering modern dishes with flavoured gathered in from around the world - but nowadays sometimes termed modern British.
Chef Alison Eason offers starters such as 'Flaked Hot Smoked Salmon with home-made Horseradish Mustard & Balsamic Dressed Rocket'; 'Asparagus & Goats' Cheese Brulée with Toasted Soda Bread' and 'Baked Breakfast Mushroom, filled with Paté & Black Pudding Crumb, with a Creamy Garlic Sauce'.
While 'Pan-fried Lamb Rump, stuffed with Pine Nuts, Basil & Red Pepper'; 'Cajun Blackened Salmon Fillet, on Saffron Chowder Sauce with Cajun Spiced Rice' and 'Beluga Lentil, Wild Rice & Barley Risotto with Spinach & Jerusalem Artichokes wrapped in Radicchio' might feature among the main courses.
Simple desserts such as 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' and Lemon Tart with Strawberry Sauce' might tempt you if you still have room.
They have live jazz, while you dine every second Wednesday. Please enquire.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Sun 12.00-14.30; £9.95 (2 courses), £12.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.00-22.30; set D £9.95 (2 courses, but must be ordered before 19.00); mains £15.25 to £16.95
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £10.50
- Nearest station: Levenshulme
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: D Sun, all Mon; most Bank Holidays