Find this good neighbourhood restaurant, within a stone's throw of the little harbour, in was once a fisherman's cottage.
The cooking is skilfully handled by Lawrence Murphy, while his wife Julia manages front of house.
Menu's follow the seasons, with local produce well to the fore. Starters such as 'Smoked Haddock, Eel, Trout, Salmon & Potato Terrine'; 'Pigeon, Butternut Squash, Pesto & Rocket Salad' and 'Seatrout, Lentils & Garlic Confit' all featured on a summer menu.
To be followed by 'Roast Halibut, Samphire, Parsley Quinoa and Clam Sauce'; 'Duck Breast, Roasted Beetroot and Horseradish Jus' and 'Roast Lam Loin, Fondant Potato, Garlic Purée and Rosemary Jus'.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Cherry Fangipan Tart with Cherry Smoothie'; 'Roasted Apricots with Roswater Pannacotta' or 'Chocolate Delice, Hokey Pokey Ice Cream and Caramel Foam'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-13.45, £21 (2 courses), £24 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.15, mains £16 to £24
- Seats: 25, plus 10 outside
- Wine: a concise, but well-thought-out, list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: No children of under 8 years of age
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Emsworth Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun, Mon, Tues after Bank Holidays, 3 weeks Christmas
- Outside eating