A deservedly popular Indian restaurant, strikingly-furnished and with bold décor and lighting - the general effect being an air of comfort. The seating is divided between booths and open-plan dining.
They claim to prepare their dishes in the style of Kashmir and the Punjab and that they haven't been given an Anglo twist - but dishes such as Pasanda's seem to decry these statements. However, you should find all your favourites, carefully cooked.
The menu is helpful marked with red chili's - signifying the dishes degree of heat.
They have live entertainment on Thursday and Friday nights, while Sunday lunchtime brings a good value buffet, that's popular with families.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: Sun 13.00-23.00
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.00-23.00, Sat 17.00-23.30; mains about £8 to £14 (including rice)
- Seats: 110
- Wine: a concise list, has modest mark-ups, and is backed up by good beers
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Ashton-under-Lyne Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Mon-Sat; some Bank Holidays