Find this good Indian restaurant in the Peacock Hotel. It's a rare thing a top-class hotel restaurant, and the comfortable dining room has a pleasant colonial feel.
Expect to see dishes with names you might not recognise as they specialise in the cooking of the southern regions of the sub-continent. So you'll find a chicken and a pork dish from Goa, a lamb dish from Andhra and one made from Halibut from Kerala.
Desserts are mainly of the ice cream variety, although they do offer 'Rava Kesari', a warm cake made with vermicelli, semolina, cashews and raisins.
Friendly and helpful service.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.30; mains about £11 to £13
- Dinner: all week 18.30-22.30; mains about £11 to £13
- Seats: 60
- Wine: a well-thought-out list, kicks off at around the £19 mark, and is helpfully divided into user-friendly categories. They also offer Tiger beer.
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Kenilworth Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available