An excellent restaurant within a traditional pub.
The kitchen offers a short menu of seasonal and mainly local produce taking great care to source the best available. So most of the ingredients come from Kent and Sussex farms.
The menu is in a constant state of flux, but a snapshot brought 'Thai Mussels, with Ginger, Lemongrass, Chili & Coconut Broth'; 'Courgette & Basil Soup' and 'Confit Duck & Mango Spring Roll, Asian Basil & Chili Dip with Asian Coleslaw' among the starters.
'Roast & Braised Marsh Lamb with Ale & Rosemary Jus'; 'Pan-fried Luddenham Trout, Smoked Trout & Avocado Risotto'; 'Pan-fried Sussex Ribeye, Pea & Mint Salad, Ditander Foam' and 'Godmersham Venison, Chanterelle Mushrooms & Plum Tart Tatin' listed among the mains.
There were desserts such as 'Tart Tatin' and 'Chocolate Marsala Fondant, Coconut Sorbet & Ginger Tuile' plus a selection of artisan cheeses.
Friendly, professional service.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Weds-Sat 12.00-14.30, set L £13 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses); Sun 12.00-15.30, mains £16.36 to £18.56
- Dinner: Weds-Sat 18.30-21.00; mains £16.36 to £18.56
- Seats: 35
- Wine: a well-thought-out list has modest mark-ups & travels the world, kicking off at £13
- Nearest station: Faversham
- Directions: Opposite the railway station. See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: D Sun, all Mon & Tues
- Rooms available