A good foodie pub where many of the best dishes are to be found on the list of blackboard specials. But local, seasonal, produce is the name of the game.
Dishes range from well-cooked pub fare - such as 'Ham, Egg & Chips' and a 'Roast' with the trimmings to more elaborate dishes such as 'Squid & Red Wine Stew with Aioli'; 'Squash, Sage & Walnut Arancini, with Kale & Mustard Fruits'; 'Slow-Cooked Mackerel with Rocket & Black Bean Dressing' and 'Lamb Chops with Mint-Crushed Potatoes, Beetroot, Spinach & Red Pepper Salsa'
A few excellent desserts, such as 'Lemon Posset with Shortbread' and 'Chocolate & Nut Brownie with Clotted Cream' are there to tempt you at the end.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; set L £14.50 (2 courses), £17 (3 courses); mains about £11 to £19
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.00; mains about £11 to £19
- Seats: 55, plus about 10 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Nearest station: Penzance Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, some Mondays during January
- Outside eating
- Rooms available