Find this romantically-set foodie pub beautifully-set on the Helford River - close to Daphne du Maurier's Frenchman's Creek.
It's owned by the Wright Brothers who have oyster and seafood interests - and this figures prominently here.
A menu snapshot listed '½ pint of Rose Crevettes with Bread & Mayonnaise'; 'Smoked Mackerel Paté with Sour Dough Toasts'; 'Helford White Cheese & Coppa Ham Salad with Mustard Seed Apricots' and various ways with Mussels - amongst the starters.
Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas & Tartare Sauce'; 'Prawn, Mussel & Crab Claw Broth with Saffron Potatoes'; 'Roast Belly Pork with Black Pudding & Apple'; 'Macaroni Cheese' and 'Barnsley Chop Provençale with Green Beans & New Potatoes' on the list of mains.
If you have a sweet tooth, you might also have 'Chocolate Mousse with Almond Brittle & Clotted Cream' and 'Milk Jelly with Rhubarb & Oat Crumble' there to tempt you.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; mains about £10 to £16
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.00 (Sun 20.00); mains about £10 to £16
- Seats: 70, plus about 100 outside
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Nearest station: Penmere Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating
- Rooms available