« back to restaurants search results
Star Inn East Tytherley - Restaurant with RoomsEast Tytherley Road, East Tytherley, Lockerley (Nr.), Hampshire, S051 0LW
This pretty village local, formerly a 17th century coaching inn, is nicely set in the Test Valley overlooking the village cricket green.
The kitchen sources local meat and fresh fish, and at lunchtime offers a good choice of items ranging from freshly made sandwiches through various Platters (such as Pork Pie or Cheese) to 'Gloucester Old Spot Belly Pork, with Bubble & Squeak & Honey-Glazed Carrots'.
While in the evening, the menu expands to include items such as Pan-Fried Scallops with Chorizo & Gremolata' and 'Smoked Duck with Beetroot & Watercress Salad & a Honey Dressing' among the starters.
While dishes such as 'Spinach, Pinenut & Cream Cheese Strudel with Tarragon Pesto'; 'Baked Fillet of Cod with Bubble & Squeak, Crispy Vegetables & a Red Wine Sauce' and 'Supreme of Guinea Fowl & Confit Leg with Caramelised Shallots & Wild Mushroom Sauce' might follow.
Their desserts such as 'Lemon Tart'; 'Triple Chocolate Torte with Apricot & Amaretto Ice Cream' and 'Panettone Bread & Butter Pudding' are very popular and are beautifully presented. Those with a more savoury tooth will be tempted by their selection of farmhouse cheeses.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-14.00, mains £6.25 to £13.75; Sun 12.00-14.00 set L £15.95 (2 courses), £18.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.00, mains about £14
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups, and there are good local beers
- Nearest station: Dean or Mottisfont & Dunsbridge
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: D Sun, all Mon; check Christmas openings
- Outside eating
- Rooms available