We recommend you use the map at the top of the page to find this good eaterie or you might find it difficult. However perseverance is rewarded, especially for lovers of fish and other seafood. Fishermen can sometimes be seen delivering their catch straight from their boats.
There's also plenty on offer for confirmed carnivores plus something for vegetarians.
Starters might include the likes of 'Fish Soup with Basil & Aioli'; 'Gazpacho'; 'Parmesan Gnocchi, Ragout of Mushrooms & Tarragon Chantilly' and 'Salt & Pepper Squid, Salad & Sweet Chili'.
Mains perhaps 'Roast Sea Bass, Pesto Noodles, Mussels & Crème Fraîche'; 'Braised Beef with Carrots & Champ Mash'; 'Roasted Salmon with Citrus-Braised Endive, Crab, Crushed Potatoes & Lobster Broth'; 'Whole Plaice with Broccoli, Hollandaise & Croûtons'; 'Poached Chicken, Creamed Leeks, Wild Mushrooms & Smoked Bacon' and their pièce de résistance 'Fruits de Mer'.
If you still have room, 'Cheesecake with Seville Oranges' (Jan & Feb only), 'Hot Chocolate Brownie with Coconut Cream' or 'Rice Pudding with Port & Raisin Plums' might tempt you.
Service is both friendly and efficient.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week July-Oct (closed Mon. between Nov.-June), 12.30-15.00; mains £6.50 to £10.95
- Dinner: all week July-Oct (closed Mon. between Nov.-June), 19.00-22.00; mains £14 to £30
- Seats: 80, plus 50 outside
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Havant
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: Mon. between Nov. & June; check Christmas openings
- Outside eating