« back to restaurants search results
Bell Inn YarpoleGreen Lane, Yarpole, Herefordshire, HR6 0BD
Whilst still the village local, the raison d’être for most visits to this beautiful half timbered pub is the good quality food on offer.
A recent change of ownership – to the Steak &Cider Works Company - has brought refurbishment – and a slowly changing menu. Reports please.
Their main menu changes a bit every month, but a snapshot brought starters/lighter dishes ranging from Sandwiches through 'Sticky Chicken Wings with Honey Beer Sauce'; 'Mussels cooked with Garlic & Marinara Sauce on Ciabatta'; 'Grilled Tiger Prawn Cocktail' and 'Chicken Breast Salad with Cider, Honet & Mustard Dressing'.
More substantial dishes might include 'Singapore Noodles'; 'Fish & Chips'; 'Duck in a Plum & Ginger Sauce with Sweet Potato Fries''Mixed Grill'; 'Lasagne' – plus various Steaks from the Grill.
You might be tempted by desserts, such as ‘Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce’; ‘Treacle & Ale Tart' or ‘White & Dark Chocolate Mousse’.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-15.00, mains about £6 to £10; Sunday Roasts from £6
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 18.30-22.00, mains about £6 to £10
- Seats: 70, plus 50 outside
- Wine: a well-thought-out list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Leominster Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: Mon & most Bank Holidays
- Outside eating